26 December 2011

Boxing Day Resolution

Sharing with you the diet-free resolution that was found in Boxing day!

After 3 days of partying with family and friends. Boxing day is wonderful day to rest, reflect on the past and resolute goals for the new year.

As I was thinking how many resolutions could I have, how achievable should it be, what are the past resolutions that was not realistic, what are those that could be recycled (eg: dieting), how does it benefit the future... I began to wonder how effective resolutions are and why should I be stressed at all.

Most of us tend to focus on either dwelling on the past or setting goals for the future; that we neglect "now".

But "now" is most precious!
Now paints a colorful past! Now sets the tone for the future!

As we are busy worrying, lamenting or dreaming; time is slipping away... we forget that "now" the best time to live, to appreciate our loved ones, to enjoy their imperfections and smell the dinner that our kitchen is cooking... hmmm heavenly! The sizzling omelette in my wok reminds me that I'm hungry now. Ops! Distraction* Ignore resolutions. Open prezzies first so that I can settle my tummy. :P


Calendar Clock ~ Christmas gift

As I peel the wrappers, as I check out my lovely gifts... I grow to appreciate the wonderful people around me, the tireless fan above, the home that shelters, the crimson sunset, the peace... I thank God for this time... This beautiful moment that I get to taste the myriad flavours of living.

Now, I unfold a new meaning to Boxing day - A day to celebrate our "present" and count
our blessings.

Carpe-diem!