12 November 2013

Satay


In 2011, a survey reflected that Singaporeans prefer Satay as the communion food for Singles day celebration.

This special day is especially meaningful to me as I am the first to revere this occasion in Singapore. I planned a High Tea at Suntec on 11 November 2007, about 50 singles attended. We even invited a drum band to add energetic vibes to the party.

Although we just lose our Singlehood, my hubby and I wanted Satay for supper to commemorate Singles Day. We drove aimlessly in Geylang and found Satay in a very crowded yet unassuming Kopitiam.

Kwong Satay

Well-featured and recognized


Address:
Sin Lian Eating House, 549 Geylang Rd, Singapore 389504
(Junction of Lorong 29 Geylang, below Hotel Yew Lian)
Opening hours: 5pm - 10pm. Closed on Wednesday.



Satay sauce with visible peanut bits


Recommends:
1. Chicken Satay – XL chunks of tender juicy meat!

2. Pork Satay – Charcoal grilled. Soft and juciy. Similar to the Chicken Satay.

Ambience: 5 out of 10

Cleanliness: 7 out of 10



Celebrating 11.11


Remarks:
My hubby likes the Mutton Satay but I find a little tough.
This coffee shop also housed the famous Hokkien Mee, so be prepared to wait a while for seats. Road side parking available.