22 February 2014

Coastal Settlement

It's been a while since I brought 83 year old Mum out for a date. Her idea of eating out is the standard Chinese round table restaurant or Zhi-char. Once in a while, I will bring her out for something unusual for her. I love to expose her to theme restaurants and see her expression. Hehee... As she puzzled why this queer restaurant owner picks up junks she looked around fondingly at the stuffs we used to have. Mum and I had an incredible time basking in the peace, greens and nostalgia of this unassuming house.

The Coastal Settlement 

Address:
200 Netheravon Rd, Singapore 508529 (Changi)
Opening hours: 10.30am - 12 midnight, closed on Monday.

The Charm of Karung-Guni Randomness

Green & Serene

Retro Cheeky Contrast

Hung Up Oldies

Almost every household used to have this TV

Mayo Dip, Luncheon Meat
Crispy without the oil. Addictive!


Portobello Mushroom Fries

Prawn Bisque
Would be much better if served warmer


Half  + Half = Double the fun! 
Prawn + Mushroom Beef Pizza


Yuzu Tart
Burst of freshness and textures...The ultimate finale of every ideal meal 



Ambience: 9 out of 10

Cleanliness: 9 out of 10

Remarks:
Uber-friendly to humans, pets and wheelchairs.
Warm helpful staffs (from the waiters to the valet drivers). The waiter volunteered to wheelchair my Mum to the handicap restroom with me. The valet driver offered to help me carry the wheelchair into my car. Excellent service!
Free private parking in the restaurant or public carpark at Turn House road.